Strong Points of Norway
- Norway has a very strong economy and encouraging prospects of development.
- The high value-added sector of information and communication technologies is, for example, very well developed.
- The public sector is well organised (around a sovereign fund in surplus that can intervene at any time in the economy) and the country has high quality infrastructure.
- The workforce is highly skilled, multilingual and has one of the highest purchasing powers in the world.
- As can be seen from its eighth spot in the World Bank ranking of countries where it is easier to do business (Doing Business Norway 2018), the business environment in Norway is very positive and stable.
- The banking and financial sectors as well as the fiscal and legal framework are also very robust.
- The country's political environment is democratic, healthy and transparent.
In conclusion, even if the domestic market is small (over-indebtedness of households and small population), Norway is an interesting base for pilot tests of innovative high-cost products and also for export operations in the Nordic countries' markets, Baltic Sea and Western Russia.