The freelance agreement (assignment agreement) arranges the terms under which a contractor works for a client. The contractor performs work for the benefit of the client. The contractor is not subordinate to the client and there is no question of an employment contract.
In the freelance agreement you make clear agreements with regard to the assignment. This generally means that the agreement addresses the following:
- the type of work that the contractor will perform;
- the duration of the assignment agreement;
- the hourly wages or a fixed amount for the entire assignment;
- whether or not general terms and conditions apply;
- an expense allowance;
- confidentiality obligation;
- intellectual property rights.